Four years. What have we been doing in the past four (though really six years – the last time I made an actual post)? Here is a quick summary:
1. Firda and I are still married. We are coming up on 12 years of marriage at the end of this month.
2. Firda became a Canadian citizen. This was back in 2011 after being in Canada for 7 years and 2 days. It took a lot of blood sweat and tears but she made it. She has the distinct pleasure of having been to every Canadian province, which is better than most Canadians. She also enjoys the winter. Check out her “I am Canadian!” post for her thoughts on becoming Canadian.
3. My parents cat Molly was put to sleep in March of this year. I didn’t mention her much on this blog except in this post. Around Christmas she was having difficult with getting around. The vet told my parents that she had tumors growing and a severe case of arthritis. They medicated her for a couple of months but decided at the end of February that she was in too much pain and had her put to sleep. I miss her but she had a good life.
4. We’ve done a fair amount of traveling. In Canada we’ve visited: Newfoundland, P.E.I., Îles de la Madeleine (Quebec), the Gaspé penisula (Quebec), Yoho National Park (B.C.), the Southwest corner of Saskatchewan, and parts of Alberta. Outside of Canada we’ve been to Iceland (two times), and Scotland/England. For more information details/information and amazing pictures check out Firda’s blog – Weblog Wannabe.
5. We are heading back to Iceland in October for our third time. Firda was contacted by a Icelandic travel agency who is going to provide us with accommodations and car for this visit. Pretty excited to properly visit Iceland again! We loved it.
6. We’ve seen lots and lots of great Canadian music – mostly in our hometown. Great Lake Swimmers, Trent Severn, John K. Samson and the Winter Wheat, Basia Bulat, Hawksley Workman, Amelia Curran, Royal Wood, Dan Mangan etc. etc. etc. Canadian is definitely blessed with some of the best musicians in the world!
7. My board game collection has grown exponential to the chagrin of Firda. I’ve been throwing around the idea of putting together a board game blog where I review games I’ve picked up at the thrift store – this would also be a way to determine whether want to keep the game in my collection or return it to the thrifting seas (or recycle it if the game is horrible). Still working on a way to do this.
As you can see we’ve been busy with our lives. Life is good. Hope you (my non-existent readers) and doing well! Let me know in the comments 🙂
P.S. As you’ll remember I don’t proof-read my entries before posting. You get what you see! I’m lame!