1. What was the first thing you ever cooked? Hmmm. I guess it would have been in the home economics class in had to take in Grade 7. I’m thinking scrambled eggs on english muffins with cheese melted on top.
2. What’s your signature dish? My signature desert would be Apple Crisp. And I don’t think I have a signature dish. I can make some pretty damn good scalloped potatoes.
3. Ever had a cooking disaster? (tasted like crap, didn’t work, etc.) Describe. I once tried to make Potato and Kale soup and it didn’t quite work out. Later I found out that I wasn’t actually using Kale. It was some other lettuce like veggie. It wasn’t really a disaster though. I salvaged it and ended up making a relatively nice veggie based soup.
4. If skill and money were no object, what would make for your dream meal? Dream meal. I guess I would just have to go with the special Sunday dinners I use to have as a kid when relatives visited. Either pot roast with the potatoes cooked in the roast pan or ham with scalloped potatoes.
5. What are you doing this weekend? No idea what I am doing tonight (Friday). Might go and see David Lynch’s new movie Mullholland Drive. Saturday night I am going to see a Canadian musician called Hayden. Should be an excellent excellent show.