So the trip to MI was uneventful. I drove on highways the whole way down (Hwy 401 and 402 in Ontario, Interstate 69 and 94 in Michigan). A couple of observations on the way down:
– McDonalds are prevelant on the interstates in Michigan. I swear almost every exit had a McDonalds.
– there are a crazy number of Billboards along the interstates advertising everything from Jesus/God to Sex Shops. Very interesting.
– I love it that trucks can only go 55 mph on the interstates in Michigan. So good since I was the one passing them, not the other way around.
– the on ramps to the interstates are much shorter than in Ontario. Though people tend to get into the furthest left lane more often than not.
– there are less people on the interstates than the major Ontario highways, though I didn’t go through any super big cities (I went around Flint, Lansing and Kalamazoo)
– Firda wonders if there is a Kalamazoo Zoo. That would be cool. I know there is something call the Air Zoo.
– I discovered that I could drive at least 12 hours in one day without getting too tired – and that 4:00 in the morning isn’t an impossible hour to get up at (though 8:00 pm is a difficult time to go to bed).
The rest of the weekend seemed to be spent buying books. We went to the Elora Book Sale on Saturday and Sunday and then did some thrift shop diving on Sunday. I think one of the greatest finds was Jonathan Strange and Mrs Norrell which I found in hardcover for about 25 cents. So sweet.
I should be going to bed now. I got about 5 hours of sleep last night. Firda’s brother called this morning and then I couldn’t get back to sleep, which is okay. Now I sleep. Have a good week everyone.