For the first time in as long as I can remember I’m in the double digits for the Friday Five:
1. What is your current occupation? Is this what you chose to be doing at this point in your life? Why or why not?
At present I am a graduate student which would be my current occupation. I get paid for doing my research which is forming into a rock-solid thesis. As for whether I chose to be doing this the answer is: yes since academia is a choice.
2. If time/talent/money were no object, what would your dream occupation be?
Lego Engineer. I want to design cool lego sets. 🙂
3. What did/do your parents do for a living? Has this had any influence on your career choices?
My mom has worked in the food service industry for a fair amount of her life. My dad is a civil engineer. I would have to say that my father had a major influence on my career choice. He was the first person in his family to graduate from university and I was the second on my dad’s side of the family to do so. It still amazes me that I made it through university and almost have my masters.
4. Have you ever had to choose between having a career and having a family?
Nope. No significant other. No serious relationships. Just me. Just my life.
5. In your opinion, what is the easiest job in the world? What is the hardest? Why?
Impossible question. I’d have to say that being a one-celled organism would be the easiest job in the world and being an all-powerful deity (like God) would be the hardest. I know it’s not what your looking for but you get what you paid for.